Payroll FAQs
CONTACT US 410-879-3331

How can I tell the difference between an Independent contractor and an Employee?

According to the IRS, an individual is an independent contractor if you, the person for whom the services are performed, have the right to control or direct only the result of the work and not the means and methods of accomplishing the result.  If you are still unsure of the difference please contact us.

How often should I file payroll taxes?

Payroll taxes are determined, not by how often you pay your employees, but by how much tax liability is incurred in the last four quarters.

If your tax liability is:

Less than $2500= Quarterly depositor 
Greater than $2500 but less than $50,000=Monthly depositor
Greater than $50,000=Semiweekly depositor

*These deposits are only for federal withholding, Social Security, and Medicare.

If I process my own payroll, will David C. Bryant, CPA process the tax deposits?

Yes, we process payroll three different ways:
-We can produce the payroll checks, pay stubs, and reports for each pay period
-We can collect the pay period information from the client and produce the payroll deposits
-We can also do both payroll processing and tax deposits.

What documentation is needed for a payroll audit?

Not all auditors require the same information so it is imperative that all and any payroll records you have are available.  David C. Bryant, CPA can help you with your payroll audit by meeting with the auditor and making sure you have all that is needed.